BE117.新天与新教会的信仰，其具体形式如下：耶和华上帝是爱与智慧本身，或良善与真理本身。他以神性真理——与上帝同在、就是上帝的道（约翰福音1:1）——的形式降世显现为人，目的在于使天上的一切、地狱中的一切和教会中的一切都归入次序。因为那时地狱势力胜过天上的势力，地上恶的势力胜过善，全部被拖进地狱的威胁迫在眉睫。 【2】这个即将来临的咒诅被耶和华上帝凭借他的人（也就是神性真理）除去，天使和世人因而被救赎。然后，他将神性真理在他的人里面与神性良善结合（或神性智慧与神性之爱结合），如此，与他的被荣耀之人一起、并在这个被荣耀之人里面返回到他万世之先的神性。这正是《约翰福音》中下列经文的意义：道与上帝同在、道就是上帝、道成了肉身（约翰福音1:1，14）。在同一福音书：我由父而出、到了世界、我又离开世界、去父那里（约翰福音16:28）。从这些话可清楚看出，主若未曾降临人间，无人得救。现今的情形类似，若非主以神性真理（也就是道）的形式再次降临世间，无人得救。 【3】此信仰的具体形式，在人方面：（1）有独一上帝，神性之“三”在这“一”位上帝之中，这一位上帝就是主耶稣基督；（2）得救之信在于对他的信仰；（3）诸恶莫作，因为它们属于魔鬼且来自魔鬼；（4）众善奉行，因为它们属于上帝且来自上帝；（5）避恶与行善之举应当由人仿佛靠自己行出来，不过务当相信这些举动来自主，是主与他同在并借着他行出来的。前两点是关于信，接下来两点关于義，第五点是关于義信相合，因而主与人的联合。（可参阅n.44。）
117. The Faith of the New Heaven and the New Church in its particular form is this: Jehovah God is Love itself and Wisdom itself, or Good itself and Truth itself. As to Divine Truth which is the Word, and which was God with God, He came down and assumed the Human in order that He might bring into order all things in heaven and all things in hell, and all things in the Church; since, at that time, the power of the devil, that is, of hell, prevailed over the power of heaven; and on earth the power of evil prevailed over the power of good; in consequence of which a total damnation was at hand, threatening every creature.
 This impending damnation Jehovah God removed by His Human, which was Divine Truth, and thus He redeemed angels and men. Afterwards He united Divine Truth with Divine Good in His Human, and thus returned into His Divine, in which He was from eternity, together with His glorified Human. This is meant by these words in John: The Word was with God, and the Word was God ...and the Word was made flesh. John 1:1, 14. And by these words: I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world again I leave the world and go to the Father. John 16:28. From these considerations it is manifest that without the advent of the Lord into the world, no one could have been saved. It is the same at this day; wherefore, unless the Lord comes again into the world in Divine Truth, which is the Word, no one can be saved.
 The particulars of faith on man's part are as follows:
1. There is One God, in Whom is the Divine Trinity, and He is the Lord God the Saviour Jesus Christ.
2. A saving faith is to believe on Him.
3. Evil actions ought to be shunned because they are of the devil and from the devil.
4. Good actions ought to be done because they are of God and from God.
5. And these should be done by man as of himself, yet it ought to be believed that they are from the Lord, with him and through him.
The first two are matters of faith; the next two of charity. The fifth concerns the conjunction of charity and faith, thus of the Lord and man. See also concerning these at44 above.
117. THE FAITH OF THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW CHURCH, IN ITS PARTICULAR FORM, is this: That Jehovah God is love itself and wisdom itself, or that He is good itself and truth itself; and that as to the Divine truth itself, which is the Word, and which was God with God, He came down and assumed the Human, for the purpose of restoring to order all things which were in heaven, and all things which were in hell, and all things which were in the church; inasmuch as at that time, the power of the devil, that is, of hell, prevailed over the power of heaven, and on earth the power of evil over the power of good; and thence a total damnation stood before the door and threatened. This impending damnation Jehovah God removed by His Human, which was the Divine truth, and thus He redeemed both angels and men; and afterwards He united in His Human the Divine truth to the Divine good, and thus He returned into His Divine, in which He was from eternity, together with His glorified Human. This is signified by these words in John:
The Word was with God, and God was the Word; and the Word became flesh (John 1:1, 14).
And by this in the same:
I went forth from the Father, and am come into the world; again I leave the world, and go to the Father (John 16:28).
Hence it appears, that without the coming of the Lord into the world, no one could have been saved. The case is similar at this day; wherefore, unless the Lord come again into the world in Divine truth, which is the Word, no one can be saved.
The particulars of faith on the part of man are these:
I. That God is one, in whom is the Divine Trinity, and that He is the Lord God the Savior Jesus Christ.
II. That saving faith is to believe in Him.
III. That evils ought to be shunned, because they are of the devil and from the devil.
IV. That goods ought to be done, because they are of God and from God.
V. And that they should be done by man as of himself, but that he must believe that they are from the Lord with him and through him.
The first two have relation to faith; the next two to charity; and the fifth respects the conjunction of charity and faith, and thereby of the Lord and man: see also what has been said above on these subjects (n. 44).
117. FIDES NOVI CAELI ET NOVAE ECCLESIA IN PARTICULARI FORMA, haec est. Quod Jehovah Deus sit Ipse Amor et Ipsa Sapientia, seu quod sit Ipsum Bonum et Ipsum Verum, et quod Ipse quoad Divinum Verum, quod est Verbum, et quod fuit Deus apud Deum, descenderit et assumserit Humanum, propter finem ut in ordinem redigeret omnia quae in Caelo, et omnia quae in Inferno, et omnia quae in Ecclesia erant; quoniam tunc potentia Diaboli, hoc est, Inferni, valuit super potentiam Caeli, et in Terris potentia mali super potentiam boni, et inde totalis damnatio ante fores stetit et imminuit: hanc futuram Damnationem Jehovah Deus per Humanum suum, quod erat Divinum Verum, sustulit, et sic Angelos et Homines redemit; ac postea in suo Humano univit Divinum Verum Divino Bono, et sic rediit in suum Divinum, in Quo ab aeterno fuit, una cum glorificato Humano. Haec intelliguntur per hoc apud Johannem: "Verbum erat apud Deum, et Deus erat Verbum; et Verbum Caro factum est," 1Cap. 1:1, 14; et per hoc apud Eundem "Exivi a Patre, et veni in Mundum, iterum relinquo Mundum, et vado ad Patrem," Cap. 16:28. Ex his patet, quod absque Adventu Domini in Mundum, nullus salvari potuerit. Simile est hodie, quare nisi Dominus iterum in Mundum veniat in Divino Vero, quod est Verbum, nec quisquam potest salvari.
Particularia fidei a parte hominis sunt. I. Quod Deus sit unus, in Quo est Divina Trinitas, et quod Ille sit Dominus Deus Salvator Jesus Christus. II. Quod Fides Salvifica sit credere in Ipsum. III. Quod fugienda sint mala, quia sunt diaboli et a diabolo. IV. Quod facienda sint bona, quia sunt Dei et a Deo. V. Et quod haec facienda sint ab homine ut ab ipso, at quod credendum sit, quod sint a Domino apud illum et per illum. Duo priora sunt Fidei, duo posteriora sunt Charitatis; et quintum est Conjunctionis charitatis et fidei, ita Domini et hominis. Consule etiam de his supra n. 44.
1. est pro esl.