43. VIII. This Faith is Faith in God the Saviour Jesus Christ, which in its simplest form is as follows:
(1) There is One God in whom is the Divine Trinity, and He is the Lord Jesus Christ.
(2) A Saving Faith is to Believe On Him.
(3) Evil actions ought to be shunned because they are of the devil and from the devil.
(4) Good actions ought to be done because they are of God and from God.
(5) And these should be done by man as of himself, yet it ought to be believed that they are from the Lord, with Him and through Him.
43. VIII. And this faith is in God the Savior Jesus Christ which in its simple form is as follows: I. That there is One God in Whom is the Divine Trinity, and He is the Lord Jesus Christ. II. Saving Faith is to believe in Him. III. Evils ought to be shunned, because they are of the devil, and from the devil. IV. Goods ought to be done, because they are of God, and from God. V. And they ought to be done by man as of himself, but it is to be believed that they are from the Lord, with him and through him.
43. VIII. Et quod haec fides sit in Deum Salvatorem Jesum Christum, ac in simplici sua forma talis.
1. Quod sit unus Deus, in Quo est Divina Trinitas, et quod Ille sit Dominus Jesus Christus.
2. Quod Fides salvifica sit credere in Ipsum.
3. Quod fugienda sint mala, quia sunt diaboli et a diabolo.
4. Quod facienda sint bona, quia sunt Dei et a Deo.
5. Et quod haec facienda sint ab homine ut ab ipso, at quod credendum sit, quod sint a Domino apud illum et per illum.